Last night we released our track ‘End Me’ from our debut album ‘Planted Feet’ as a single with a beautiful artwork and a chilling music video. The audio single features two new live b sides of the tracks ‘Hammer’ and ‘Numbered’. Thanks in advance for checking them out!
We’ve just played our first two live dates since the Spring. They were both a blast. Here’s some pictures, first from Taikurin Hattu in Helsinki, Finland and then from Rock Bear in Korso, Finland. 😎✌️
View this post on Instagram
BEAR IT: We’ve decided that although conditions are not perfect for gigs, we’ll bear it and have fun anyway on the stage. Thanks to our small but lively audience and a great spirit in the band we were happily rocking away still! Here’s some lo-fi shots of the action! Special thanks to @the_muddies for rocking out with us! #frozenfactorymusic
Check out our tongue in cheek police themed video for ‘Numbered’. A big thanks as usual to Lauri ‘Läpä’ Koivusalo for the video work.
NEWS: Next Friday 21.8. we’ll be publishing the third single from our debut album ‘Planted Feet’ as a 3 track digital release on Spotify and all other major platforms.
The song is titled ‘Numbered’ and it’ll be released alongside live versions of ‘Fantastically Incorporated’ and ‘The Truth Is So Dead’ which have been recorded in Finland in January this year. 😎
We’ve also got shows coming up in Helsinki on 18.8, 28.8 and 27.9. We’ll follow those up with a show in Kuopio on 21.11. if all is well with the health situation! 😁
18.8 is this coming Tuesday! So let’s see you there at Taikurin Hattu, Helsinki. Check here for all live dates.
We present to you our music video for ‘By The Way’ on YouTube, an atmospheric light to heavy rock song that imagines how our planet might feel about the human race. It’s from our debut album ‘Planted Feet’ 🎵
Check out all our upcoming live dates 🎵
Frozen Factory will be playing live next month! ✌️😎
This will be a great chance to hear tracks performed from our debut album ‘Planted Feet’ and to see our new drummer Marianne in action, so come along! 🔥
18.8 – Taikurin Hattu, Helsinki – Airi´s, Frozen Factory, Virgo Fuss.
Like many of you we’ve missed the thump of live music and we are really happy to say that the health situation in Finland has improved so much which makes it possible to perform and attend live shows. A big round of applause to you all for your efforts during the Spring and early summer. 👋
More announcements soon.
Quietly we’ve been looking for the right drummer to join our future adventures, to raise the bar with us and to go the distance together with us. We put our heads down and looked carefully and now the time has come to celebrate a new member of Frozen Factory!
We’d like to welcome onboard our amazing new drummer Marianne Heikkinen. Marianne came to our attention when we found an online video of her playing some Muse with a hugely fierce energy and precision. We knew immediately that we’d found someone with the qualities that are ideal for Frozen Factory. Everything seemed to fall into place naturally as the first conversations with Marianne were fun and productive. We were soon planning rehearsals together and talking about longer term musical goals. Marianne is already involved in the pre-production of our second album, more details of which will come in due course.
Marianne tells some of her thoughts about joining Frozen Factory
“We’ve been rehearsing two times now and it’s been amazing. The energy of this band is on a very high level now, and I can’t wait to hit the stage and studio with my brothers in the close future so you’ll see what I’m talking about⚡
I have a very good feeling about this and I’m very honoured to be a part of this band now.
We have lots of great things coming in the near future so I suggest that you keep your eyes on us!
In the meantime, I also recommend you to listen to the debut album ‘Planted feet’ on Spotify and on other streaming services🔥”
Make sure to follow Marianne’s adventures with us and her other projects through her social media channels.
Marianne’s YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW8KN6hK9ycFCOA8QfEy8bw
Marianne’s Instagram: https://instagram.com/maryannbangs
Marianne’s Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/MarianneHeikkinenDrums
A word about Eetu, the fantastic drummer on our self titled 3 track debut record and debut album ‘Planted Feet’. To make a long story short, our great friend and inspiring musician Eetu Pesu is no longer able to continue with Frozen Factory and instead he becomes an awesome part of our history and a permanent member of our band family. Thank you so much for everything dude!
We’ve been enjoying this post-release period after ‘Planted Feet’ so much that we didn’t want to officially change the vibe by making all of this public until the last moment. Eetu recently released a video of him recording drums for Frozen Factory’s track ‘The Truth Is So Dead’ which you will find at the bottom of this post. Make sure to follow Eetu’s socials to keep up with his latest projects including a return to the Delta Enigma band.
Eetu’s YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheChomann
Eetu’s Instagram: https://instagram.com/eetupesuofficial
Eetu’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/eetupesuofficial/
Here’s to the future! 😎✌️
Our singer Stephen talks about the song and the video…
“This is a mysterious musical story with no ending. You will decide whether the character in the lyrics is in trouble or safe. Many people that have heard the track have commented to me that it has an unusual vibe and it has a strong impact on the imagination. When I first got the demo track from Tomi I felt exactly the same sensation and I knew this song needed lyrics about our complex human minds. We’re spending ever more time with our screens and it’s hard to know what the long term impacts of that will be on us, we can only wonder for now.
We had a blast making the video, as usual with our brilliant videographer Lauri ‘Läpä’ Koivusalo, a brief plan and just a few quick hours. We nearly didn’t make it away from the apartment building when one of the cars tumbled backwards down a small hill (unfortunately not caught on camera) but it didn’t stop us. We went on to find out we’d randomly picked the night of a beautiful lunar eclipse to shoot the video with a couple of new friends who just happened to be by the sea making a fire. They welcomed us to join them and we thank them for being a part of our story and proving that real life is wonderful.
Tomi came up with the idea for the video after hearing my vocals for the song. I’m playing a guy who’s forgotten that his friends are coming to pick him up to hang out by the sea. I’m so engaged in my digital entertainment that it’s hard for my friends to get my attention. Will I manage to join them in reality for a whole evening? Watch the video and find out.“
This in depth interview with each of us includes for example…
“Pix666: Recently your debut album ‘Planted Feet’ has been released. How satisfied are you with your work?
Stephen: Personally I’m very happy to get such a great start with Frozen Factory, this was our first album together and I’m really excited to build on this foundation.
Tomi: Very happy about it! After mixing I didn’t listen to it at all until now but now when I did it felt so good!
Mici: Very satisfied, long process finally in the covers.
Eetu: I’m very happy and satisfied with the result. Maybe the best album where I have played in my life!“
Read more by visiting this link http://pix666.de/quickie-of-the-week-frozen-factory-interview-june-2020/
The interview is also available in German from http://pix666.de/quickie-der-woche-frozen-factory-interview-juni-2020/
Our debut album ‘Planted Feet’ is out now. Stephen our singer and main lyricist wanted to publish his ‘elevator speeches’ for you all. These short texts give a very quick idea of what each song is about.
Whilst you’re reading these you can listen to the album on Spotify from here https://open.spotify.com/album/0ayt8EWepvfF8MQPRJ8UXi or search for the album on your favourite service. Lyrics can be found here.
- Planted Feet – This short introduction song gives a lot of clues about the theme of the album. I wanted to question the wisdom of those who choose to or are forced to root their feet in the ground about any subject, refusing to explore other viewpoints. I also wanted to recognise that there are those who wish to profit from more people being closed minded.
- Tiresome Times – Here I wanted to suggest that we could do better as a species, can this direction we’re taking really be beneficial in the big picture? The daily horror of world events and the grinding work routines that consume our lives, are they really a reasonable price for economic growth or should we focus on well being?
- Numbered – (Adapted from Tomi’s lyrics) Here I’ve tried to represent a character that seems all too familiar these days. Damaged by a tough childhood and offered an easy road to power, this is a man who behaves destructively at a great cost to others. I wanted to send a message that the power gained should ultimately transfer to the masses and that there must be a limit to our patience with abusive rulers.
- Hammer – In tune with the heavy feel of this track I imagined the human race being handed a powerful tool from birth, a tool to shape the world into anything imaginable. As humans we are uniquely faced with the choice of how we impact everything we touch, for better or for worse we can mould our environment with ever increasing magnitude.
- Fantastically Incorporated – People have integrated their lives deeper and deeper into the digital realm as it has developed into a globally connected super bank of entertainment. Look at it how you will, good thing or bad thing. One thing is for sure, it certainly suits those who wish to use you as a source of income and keeping a feel for where it all starts and ends will get ever harder.
- I Caught The Sun – (Adapted from Tomi’s lyrics) Have you ever heard someone say that they’re glad that climate change will bring them “more dream summers” in their traditionally mild country? Are we really planning to delight in Mediterranean weather whilst the unluckiest residents of Earth fight for their lives? It seems many are already celebrating such a disaster.
- The Truth Is So Dead – Echoing the linguistic style of an infamous current world leader, this song explores the bombast of religious undertones in anti-science and misinformation. How many lies before it feels true?
- Quit – (Adapted from Tomi’s lyrics) Political power across the world is concentrated generally amongst ill behaving and greedy individuals, groups and corporations. This song is a call to quit it, our kids deserve a better future and frankly we all deserve a better present day.
- End Me – I wanted to portray mankind as an abusive lover, Earth is therefore the unfortunate abused partner in this case. As we literally poison, suffocate and decimate the environment, we are hard pushed to claim we live in a loving relationship with our home planet. The song leaves you with a vision of wide eyes, either open to reality or dead to the pain, you decide.
- By The Way – (Adapted from Tomi’s lyrics) After ‘End Me’ I wanted to have an answer from the Earth about humanity’s current activities, so this song goes some way towards what I imagine it’d tell us. In essence the message is that Earth will continue happily without us if needed. Many of us seem to imagine this strange scenario but I honestly hope we’re better than that.
- Life Found Away – As masses of people move great distances across borders looking for survival, I wanted to make their plight relatable to modern first-worlders using the human fantasy of finding a new planet to live on. “At the cusp of certain death you’d reach even to the stars for a gulp of freedom’s breath”, so it’s understandable that some would travel across Earthly borders for theirs.
- Uproot – Following on from the intro track ‘Planted Feet’ here is my thoughts on how being careful with our impact and considerate of all life is a huge strength as we develop ourselves as humans going forward.
Thanks for taking the time to get deeper into the meaning of our new album! Let us know your thoughts!